Identify Window parts

A handy person from Nevada says:
I need to replace a balance and need the tensioning tool for a non tilt aluminum window as well as the balances and a bracket.
can you help identify the bracket and tool I'll need. As you can see one bracket looks to be broken, bent, or out of place. the balance on that side sticks and is very noisy. can this bracket be pushed out from the top? the balance looks to have a single hole for tensioning and not a cross pin. once i have the proper tool I'll replace the balances.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. The bracket looks like our 17-052, which is used for non-tilt window spiral balances. For the tool, see our 75-004, though since you're a professional, our 75-005 might be a better choice. Also be sure to see our guide on how to adjust this hardware. The noisy balance also concerns me. It may be time to replace it. Depending on the diameter of the tube, you might have our Series 400 (3/8" tube diameter) or Series 500 (5/8" or 9/16" diameter). As for removing the bent clip, you will need to remove the sash, but I worry that you might have a builder's grade window. That would mean that the sash was specifically designed so that it cannot be removed, which is beyond frustrating. You may not have many options available aside from trying your best to bend it back in place.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)