Is this a Sash Channel balance

A handy person from Olathe KS says:
Sash channel balance??
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 15848216641032888878385570519284.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 15848217119887866394855950223215.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! This assembly is actually called a coil balance, not a channel balance. That's an important distinction to make as channel balances are a different kind of part and incompatible with what you have here.

The good news is that we can supply the parts that make up your coil balance assembly. Start by looking at our 15-199 pivot shoe, which is compatible with the 3/8" thick Series 165 coil spring. You should check to make sure your spring is also 3/8" thick just to be sure; if it's not, let me know and we can find something better.

Assuming you have the Series 165 as I surmised, then you specifically want the S165-4. This is indicated by the "#4" stamp on your original spring. This indicates that each spring provides 4 pounds of support. Since you have 3 springs per side, this means you have a 24 pound sash.

Your cover looks like our 15-205 triple spring support, but you can probably reuse your original as long as it isn't broken. You could even reuse your old 15-199 pivot shoe if it's in good condition.

Please let me know if you had any questions or if you wanted clarification on any point. I'm happy to help as best as I can.

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.