Jeld-wen custom casement window pranks

A handy person from Pine Lake, GA says:

Hello, Jeld-wen customer service referred me to you. I have custom windows made by them and the window handles have began to break. They told me these windows are a discontinued line, and so I would need to find replacement through you. Do you have these? I would need 10 total, for left-handed and 6 right-handed. Thank you for your help! Warmly, Sharon 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Attach35058_20200122_104252.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Attach35057_20200122_104252.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Sharon. I think there's a good chance we can help you with these operators. I might even know what you have, but I want to be 100% sure. Would it be possible to see a picture of the complete operator mechanism? I'd like to see the arms that actually push open and close the window, not just the base. If you can open the window and take a top-down photo that shows as much of the operator mechanism as possible, I'm very confident that I can recommend a good match.

Hi Tom, apologies for the delay, was waiting for a response from somebody who could take the pictures. Do these give you what you need to see?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Attach35696_20200214_113054.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

That's perfect! Thank you, Sharon. You have what I suspected you have, which is an older style discontinued operator. The bad news is that it's no longer made and we cannot supply it, but the good news is that we have a working substitute. The process of replacement is covered in the video below. I highly recommend watching it, it should cover all the details better than I could through text. 

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Hi Tom,

Thanks so much for the video (easy to follow!) and for the encouraging news that there is a replacement. How do I arrange for the parts, please?

Thanks much,
Sharon
Profile picture of Tom

Awesome, I'm glad to hear this will work for you. I'll assemble a list of all hardware mentioned in the video here:

All orders can be placed directly on our site from any of these pages to which I've linked. All you have to do is go to the store page, set the quantity, and click "Add to Cart." Once you're all done you can click on "Checkout" in the upper right hand corner of the page.

Thank you so much for considering us, and please let me know if you had any other questions!

How to Replace a Discontinued GU Operator
How to Replace a Discontinued GU Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.