Lockwood window parts

A quick learner from USA says:
Hi, I'm trying to locate parts for my windows ,they are 60 inch's high and 30 inch's wide.I think they maybe Lockwood.If possible I would like get the spring kits ,tilt window latches and new weather stripping
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0300.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0301.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0302.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0304.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0305.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for posting. Your pivot shoe looks just like our 15-111. Look it over and let me know what you think. We don't have your exact pivot bar, but I think you could theoretically use our 26-040 as a substitute. 

I'm afraid we don't have an exact match for the tilt latch. To be honest, you may be better off substituting with a surface mount tilt latch. These are different than the others in that they just screw on. We have a video tutorial that shows how we do this. We find it to be an easier solution for sashes like yours. Let me know what you think!

Profile picture of Tom

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what that means. Are you referring to the coil springs that attach to the 15-111? If so, this pivot shoe is designed to be used with our 1/2" thick Series 160

A quick learner from Canada says:
I believe that latch would work. The 26-040 pivot bar should also be ok. Did you locate a spring load kit for the up and down loads that could fit?
Yes it work it would be the coil spring. What is the difference in the weights,some are 4.5, 5.5,lbs and so on
Profile picture of Tom

That tells you how much weight each spring supports. You'll need the stamp off your old springs. If your old springs have no stamps, then you need to get your sash weight and divide it by how many springs there are supporting it. For example, if your sash is 11 pounds and you only have one spring on each side, then you want our 5.5 pound spring.

Ok I'm going to try a 26228 and the 26229 surface mount tilt latch's either the 26040 or 15111 pivot bar. The series 160 pivot shoe I think will work .My shoe is 1/2 thick ,1 1/4 inch wide by 1 long (up and down).plus I took the sash out and it weighs 18 lbs,so that would mean two 9 lbs coil springs. What would that part number be?What would you recommend for weather stripping?
Thanks
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Just to clarify: 

• 26-228 & 26-229 Surface Mount Tilt Latches
  • 26-040 Pivot Bar
  • 15-111 Pivot Shoe.
  • Series 160 Coil Balances. These attach to the 15-111 Pivot Shoe.
  • If your window sash weighs 18 lbs, (2) of the S160-9 should work for you. These technically support 9.5 lbs of weight apiece, but the slight difference won't be a big deal. 

If you need weatherstripping, we need to see a sample removed from the window, with a photo of its 'end profile'. Any dimensions would also be very helpful. Weatherstripping dimensions often go into the X/32" range, so be as precise as you can. In the time being, you can view our selection of weatherstripping here.

Will these photos help with the weather stripping ?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

OK, I see your weatherstripping is wool pile. Determine the size of the base, as well as the height of the pile. Those dimensions are how we narrow down what you need. You can view our selection of wool pile here.

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.