Looking for comparable replacement hardware

A quick learner from Waterford, WI says:

We have four old windows that have this style of window hardware & I'm looking to replace. They say Wright and 07900 on all of them, no matter what size the window. When we have more money, we will replace the entire window, but until then I'd like them to be able to open/close properly. Thank you!

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hi there- thanks for posting! 

I believe our 39-387 and our 39-388 will work as replacements for your window operator. 

In reference to replacing your windows, you don't always need to replace the entire window as this can be very expensive. Sometimes some replacement hardware is all you need. If you'd like, you can tell us what some of the other issues you are having are and we would be happy to see if there's a work around. 

Thanks! 

A quick learner from Waterford says:
Most of our windows are rotted and lost their seal. All of my (broken) windows open on the right. I'm confused as to which style to replace with. And, do I need to also replace the track, arm and window bracket to work with the new hardware?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Weatherstripping is relatively easy to replace. You can see our entire selection here. The main detail you need to focus on is the size and shape of the end profile. If you look through our selection, you should get a good idea of what's important.

As for the operator, there really isn't a standard "left or right" in the industry. Every manufacturer defines it differently. If you just need the one in your picture, I recommend the 39-387. The crank handle is on the same side and the arms will face the same direction. Those are the details that matter when it comes to determining what side you need.

You should be able to reuse your old hardware, as long as they aren't damaged. I don't note any damage from your photos, but look them over and see if they're still functional. 

Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.