Looking for newer type balance to replace this kind.

A landlord from Gloucester City N.J. says:
The balance itself is 26 1/2 inches long. The fiberglass rod is 25 1/4 inches. The spring itself is 13 5/8 inches from hook to hook. The shoe looks to be 1 1/4 wide. Bedroom sash is 34 3/4 x 30 3/4 and weighs 22.2 lbs. Kitchen sash is 27 x 29 3/4. and weighs 17.2 lbs. I would need 12 balances in all with the shoe guides. 6 for each size window.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200903_090530.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

These old rod balances are indeed no longer made, but they can be replaced with one of our tilt window plain channel balances here. To know which, can you show me the bottom shoe? Also, can you confirm the overall rod lengths? From there we'll do our best to match what you need. 

The length of the balance is 26 1/2 inches long for both size windows. I have sent a full pic of it an the shoe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200903_085937 (1).jpg
Profile picture of Bob

I would double-check that measurement, as it normally should be an even length. Make sure you're measuring a whole undamaged rod. See the picture below of a 22" rod balance for an example. 

rodbalancemeasure

In any event though, this looks like it can be replaced with a Series 770 Channel Balance, which can use that 15-129 Pivot Shoe. Once you determine the length you need, you'll need the exact window sash weight to determine the stamp option the balance will need. Let me know if you have further questions. 

You are correct. I put the balance back together and if you look at the last pic I sent the top black plastic piece where the screw goes threw to the window frame is up side down.I flipped it over and it goes down on the fiberglass rod a half inch. So The balance does measure 26". The one window weighs 22.2 Lbs and the other weighs 17.2 Lbs. I had to do it on the scale with me holding the sash.
Profile picture of Bob

Great, then it sounds like you can use the S770-26 with the 15-12 pivot shoe as I mentioned. I'll attach the weight chart from our product page below to help you choose the best strength option. 

Stamp Option Sash Weight Range

A                  6 to 11 lbs

B                 11 to 17 lbs

C                 17 to 22 lbs

D                 22 to 26 lbs

E                 26 to 30 lbs

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.