Looking for operator on older window

A quick learner from Montreal says:
Hello,

I'm trying to find the exact operator for this small type of window. It's a truth operator #R30842.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named searching-opreator.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Take a look and compare the specifications of the 39-035 and 39-036 Truth operators to your original hardware. Thank you!

A quick learner from Montreal says:
Hi Casey!

Thanks so much for responding to my question. Here's my dilemma. I actually ordered the 39-036 and even though it fits perfectly in the window and the arm is 3" 15/16, the window doesn't pull fully closed. I took a photo to compare the new part with the older part and there is a noticeable height difference between the two operators. I think this height difference (however slight) is causing the window to not fully close.

Is there another mechanism that is slightly smaller perhaps?

Thanks again,

Greg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named comparison-old-vs-new.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

The 39-036 operator is the recommended replacement for your older Truth operator. I'd recommend seeing if you can move the location of the sash bracket where the operator's link arm attaches to help the window function properly. 

Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.