What do I need for my Windows?

A quick learner from OR says:
I have MI windows. Series 380 DH; H-R25-47x73; AAMA NWWDA 101/I.S. 2-97.

They are double hung, each part can tilt inward for cleaning. It appears that both bottom (top window) plastic hinge parts are broken. Need both R and L ones.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hmm, sounds like you could be looking for tilt latches. If you can send us a photo of your removed from the window we can help narrow down your search!

Attached several photos of the bad and good top window tilt latches.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Bad 1a.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Bad 1b.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Good 2b.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Measure 1a.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hm, OK, what you actually are showing us your pivot shoes and coil balances. We can certainly help you replace these. It looks like your lower sash uses our 15-199 Pivot Shoes, which are compatible with our Series 165 Coil Springs. Your Upper Sash uses our 15-180 Pivot Shoe, which uses our Series 190 Coil Springs. It's rather unusual for a window to use different coil springs in each sash; did you ever replace these pivot shoes or coil springs before? If not, and if it's been working this whole time, then it should be OK. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Profile picture of Bob

OK, great. Then it sounds like you need a new 15-180 and some new Series 190 Coil Springs. Check your old springs for stamps that indicate the spring weights you need. Let us know if you need help with this. 

It's just that one broken one. I did replace one on another window. I noticed the window not staying closed when I went to clean it.
So it looks like I need at least one Series 190 Coil Spring.
Looked at coil and spring (without taking anything off). Could not see any weight stamp. Attached are two pictures of one of the lower coil springs units with numbers and a part #. Can that tell you anything about what weight to order?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190404_123108233.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190404_123253867.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

You would have needed to remove the coil spring cover in order to determine whether or not there was a number printed on the actual spring. The numbers on the cover do not tell us anything about the weight of your sash. If there are some stamped numbers on the actual sash, [lease get back to us with that number. If there aren't any numbers on the coil, then you will need to weigh your sash and get back to us with that weight number. Thank you.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid not. The stamp will be on the coil itself, not the cover. The only way to see it is to remove the spring from the window.

If you remove it and there is no stamp, give me the exact weight of your sash instead. I can then calculate what your weight rating should be. Those are the only two ways to know what strength springs are required for your window.

Great. Window manufacturers don't make it easy, do they!
:)

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Nope, they sure don't. Believe me, I gotta deal with how these people design windows every day of my life. They would rather you buy a whole new window than just these individual parts. Obviously this isn't necessary, but it can be annoying. let us know if you have any other questions! We're happy to help as best as we can.

OK, got the coil off, pictures attached. I see that it did have a number on the spring It had 5 stamped on it. So which 15-180 coil do I need?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190409_171217224.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190409_171229070.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190409_171253225.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

I can't quite make it out in your photos, but if there is a #5 stamped on the spring itself, then that would indicate that one of the springs you need is an S190-540. This supports a weight of 5 lbs. You'll need to see if you can locate the stamped numbers on the other springs you need to replace. If they're unavailable, you'll have to weigh your window sash. Like Tom said, we can then calculate the other spring weights you require. 

Just ordered the plastic bottom balance shoe. Thanks.
Profile picture of Bob

Sounds good. If you need anything else, just ask me. 

OK. Thank you all for the assist!
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.