MW Channel Balance and Pivot Shoe; pivot post

A home owner from South Carilina says:
I have MW double hung windows that were installed in a new house in 2003
The plastic pully and pivot shoe both have broken and the spring is no longer attached. The pictures attached show the shoe, pulley and stamping on the balance. The shoe is 1". I also need the pivot post per the picture attached. What do you recommend as replacement for this balance and post?

Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F5D75CDF-C917-4DF2-AB75-53CDD5449739.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 961FFAEE-F42F-4783-BA09-5DFED78A07AF.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 29213898-599E-4167-8DF4-D13A473385E8.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5988EEF6-296F-415F-BEC2-D051F18B23F4.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 22EC783F-4678-491F-BA62-A312FFD3D847.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We should be able to help with this balance, but I'd like to see a picture of the clip that's at the end of the cord. There is a chance your balance doesn't have a stock configuration, in which case it'd have to be custom made. Seeing that clip will allow me to determine that one way or the other.

Are you asking for a picture of the clip at the end of the cord that is attached to the window frame?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 49DF230F-BCA9-47AA-8CF1-3A7F139A1456.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B1E509C4-7B42-4EC2-8D61-933F8363E04B.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Perfect, thank you! This balance will have to be a custom order, after all. What you need is a 36" long S795-36, but with the bottom shoe swapped out for the smaller 15-194 and the top clip swapped out for a 15-198 hook. I'll email you an order link and price quote right now for 2, which is our minimum. If you wanted more, let me know here and I'd be happy to change it.

Regarding your question earlier about the pivot, that's actually not a style we usually see with this balance. Is that for the same window, or is this off a different window in the house? The only thing we have that comes close is our 26-402, but I don't know how well this will work with the custom balance we're sending you.

Thanks Tom. One final question before I order.
I need a tilt window replacement latch. It is an internal latch. A couple pictures are attached.
Do you have something like this ?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 92E3FD3F-C082-43AA-9EE9-198ACBB54E19.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A9B86CB0-D735-4694-B8A9-3E3ADD450430.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Sure, we have a few different parts like this. I think your latches may be replaced by our 26-243 and 26-244. Carefully review the dimensions we show on their store pages to confirm everything aligns well.

Tom, I ordered 4 of the custom balance and they worked perfectly. I would like to order more but the custom order has expired. How can I order more? Thanks
Profile picture of Tom

Great! I'm happy to hear they worked. I can send you a new order link right here. Can you just confirm how many you'd like this time?

I would like 4 this time. Thanks
Profile picture of Tom

You got it, I'll send that over now.

Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.