Metal windows. Truly Operators

A quick learner from Virginia says:
Need to replace two left and two right hand operAtors. Can you also recommend a good video I could view before attempting for the first time?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0D3BBCC1-B7CD-46E1-9EC1-351A18F8A130.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7B94B5A8-89A8-4070-B60B-F0084CB182A6.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B59B1F1A-1405-483D-929A-640A6E8E838C.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! It's tough to tell exactly what you have, but I'm certain we have at least something that matches. I recommend starting with our 39-027E and 39-028E operators. You'll need to ensure that the arm lengths are the same as yours and that the plastic bearing at the end of the arm is the same style as yours. 

As for an installation video, we don't have one on these in particular. Your part is very, very easy to remove though. You first have to open the window so that the arm can come down to the sash track, then simply unscrew the base from the sill. The video below demonstrates a somewhat more complicated operator, but some of the principles remain the same. I hope you find it helpful.

A quick learner from Virginia says:
Everything fit perfectly except the grommet is too thick to fit the track. This is a pic of the grommet on the existing operator.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 88A6A5F1-35FD-40E4-A232-46C97D21D87D.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I was afraid this might be the case. That's why I always recommend to check the bearing at the end of the arm to ensure that it matches. What you have here is a very skinny steel wheel instead of the thicker plastic bearing that comes with the 39-027E and 39-028E.

I recommend the 39-365 and 39-365 instead. These have the same bearing at the end of the arm and should repair your window. You can return the operators you already purchased for a refund. See our return policy here

Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.