Monton window replacement latches etc

A quick learner from North Carolina says:
I took some measurements and it looks like my damaged window latches match product code 26-243 and 244. The latch slides into a groove on the window. A sticker on the window casing indicated it was a monton window. Please look at the pictures to see if you agree.

Also, I need to replace a couple of the items in the side channel that helps the window go up and down. I'm not sure what this is called but it has a spring inside. Let me know what additional information you need so I can order the correct part.

Photos attached.

Thanks,
Mark
User submitted photo of their Monton window part.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hi Mark,

I did not include pictures of your tilt latch because they are too fuzzy to make out. If you would like to try sending them again use the 'macro' setting on your camera (usually it is a little flower icon). The macro setting is for taking pictures of things that are very close to your camera.

You can also take a look through the other 26-243 and 26-244 discussions (found near the bottom of the product page). You will find alternate views and descriptions regarding this style tilt latch.

The other piece of hardware you sent a picture of is your coil balance sash support balance. We first need to determine which coil balance series you have. If the coil balance housing and related hardware are in working condition still you will only need to replace the internal coil. Take a look at our coil balance catalog page and see if you can determine which series your window has. If you need help, remove one of your coils from your window and take some pictures to submit here.
A quick learner from Raleigh, NC says:

Thanks Mike for your response. I finally was able to take pictures of the latch with the macro feature. See attached photos.

I will send a separate email in regards to the coil balance.

Mark
A quick learner from Raleigh, NC says:

Mike,

I sent a separate email in regards to the latches. This email addresses the coil balance, so I could attach some additional photos.

The bottom spring had the following information:
3.5 33"
PAT5232208

The top spring had the following information. It was hard to read, but I think I made out all the characters.
USA PAT
OMFCA

The white piece had something like OM137 Patent pending.

Photos of disassembled coil balance is attached.

I hope you know which coil balance I need.

Thanks, Mark
User submitted photo of latches and coil balance shoes.
Profile picture of Tom
Good morning, Mark. Thank you for submitting your photos.

We'll begin with the coil balance. You mention the coil is stamped "3.5 33"; this appears to be the Swisco S160-3 Series 160 Coil Balance. This is a 3.5 lb. coil balance measuring 1/2" wide with a maximum travel of 35".

The corresponding support would be the 15-150D Double Support. The pivot shoe would be the 15-111 Pivot Shoe.

Please double-check your measurements before considering the mentioned hardware as replacements.
Profile picture of Tom
As for the tilt latches, the 26-243 and 26-244 do appear to be the closest match online. Have you compared the measurements of your originals to that of the 26-243 and 26-244?
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.