Need replacement channel balance & weather stripping

A home owner from South Carolina says:
I have a window with two issues. First being unable to close all the way which after removing window from frame realized that weather stripping was getting caught up on that ledge attached to frame as seen in picture although do not know exactly why. Second issue was window was extremely difficult to open & close so looking to replace channel balances yet couldn't find exact match.

Hoping you can tell me correct window stripping item or an idea as to why this one is getting hung up on that ledge as well as options for the channel balance.

Thanks in advance!

Liz
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7D6ADA8B-B545-4719-AB9B-77C00C60CB5C.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C3D61CB8-B856-48C9-804E-F618305A579F.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named EC0B8C35-CDDB-4553-BC43-83D5CEB8D211.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F5884B44-E7DE-4D10-B60B-4A6DCAA764DD.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D0B4B9B8-D6BE-4E41-92C0-01C161B821FF.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Take a look at our 58-182 weatherstripping, as well as the S795-28 channel balance with a 28B strength option. The balance comes stock with the 1-1/4" wide 15-195 t-lock shoe. Look over these parts and see how they compare to yours. Our balance comes with a screw tab at the end of the pulley for installation, so take a look and see if you could install our 26-200 screw plug in the jamb to use our stock balance. If not, let us know and we can talk about getting custom balances made for you. Thanks for posting! 

Thank you for your quick response. I don't believe the weather stripping will work since it has that tail on it & would also get caught up on that ledge on the sash. I believe the balance might work yet am concerned about the score tab. You mentioned the screw plug yet I don't see how to secure it to the jamb & then therefore attaching the score tab to it. Can you explain further or is there an image or video which can guide me? Could I not just secure the score tab with a screw into the jamb?
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Take a look at another customer's discussion here, which shows an S795 balance hook installed in a square cut out in the jamb. If the cut out in your window is also square, you would install the 26-200 in the gap, which provides a hole to install the screw tab from the S795 balance.  

Thank you, the visual helped immensely, I'll place an order shortly & will let you know how I make out!!

This service you offer is priceless & has saved me from any further aggravation trying to figure this out myself!!
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.