Need replacement for Norco window operation

A home owner from Okemos, MI says:
Looks like the picture I took is upside down. Anyway, this is a Norco window operation and crank for a window. I'm certain it's the original unit, installed when the house was build in 1986. While the unit can open the window, which swings out from right to left, it will not close it. I assume the entire operation needs to be replaced, and I'm looking for another Norco unit or one that's comparable. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Norco window crank.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Yep, you definitely need a new operator. Unfortunately, I can't determine what you have from this photo. I only see the base, which is just part of the mechanism. I need you to remove the operator from the window in its entirety and show me the whole thing in one shot.

Hi, and thanks for your reply. I have a handy man who was helping me with this and a variety of other things, and he made it sound like there will be an issue removing this from the window. So, I'd prefer to let him deal with this, but he likely won't be back until next week sometime. Can I put this on "hold" until he can remove it and I can take more pictures?
Thanks.....
Profile picture of Tom

Sure, that's totally fine. You can just post here again whenever you're ready. We're here to help.

Hi. Here's a picture of our crank. I did a quick review of the inventory and it looks like you have this one (or similar) available. This crank opens the window from right to left.
Please let me know if you need more info.
Thanks!!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window crank operation.JPG
Profile picture of Tom

That looks like an older version of our 39-013. Look this over and see what you think. As long as the dimensions we show match up then it should work fine.

Excellent! I think I'm a 39-014 since our window opens from the right. I assume either crank shown would work as well.
Thanks for your help!!
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.