Need replacement operator covers and locks for Caradco windows

A home owner from Detroit says:
Hello! My husband and I just bought our first home, it was built in '81 and we believe these are still the original windows. I found Caradco listed on the current operator handles. We have multiple windows that are missing cranks and we also have some locks with no levers or levers that have fallen off and we cannot get them to stay on. From what I've seen on this site, I don't think there is a 1:1 replacement option which may be a blessing in disguise as we are getting new blinds and the designer recommended getting the folding or T shaped handles instead. Currently I'm looking at the 39-107FK but I'm unsure if it's compatible as it seems to be centered not right or left handed. I also saw the 39-376/39-375 as potential options. Would this be compatible? I'm having a hard time figuring that out. Additionally, I'm totally lost on new locks. We would want them to match the new cranks obviously. Please let me know what my options are!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9653.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9656.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9657.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello! We should definitely be able to help with these windows. The parts you show in your photos are old, but there are modern versions of each one that are essentially 1:1 replacements.

To start with your questions concerning the operator covers like the 39-375 and 39-107FK, these will not work for you. Your operators actually have a cover already, they just happen to be built directly onto the operator itself and cannot be removed. This also means you can't put a second cover over top of it.

Your operator in particular is similar to the newer 39-013 and 39-014. These are basically the same as yours but the base has a more elliptical shape. Just make sure that the arm length is the same as ours (13-1/2"). This operator can use the folding 39-205 handle. I have roll down shades at my house and I installed the 39-205 on my operators and with the handle folded down they don't interfere with the shades. That said, you should still have these parts installed before you try to install the new shades just to be 100% sure you have the clearance.

As for you window locks, the newer would be the 38-097 and 38-098. Note that you also need a new 38-079 keeper, since your old keeper won't work with the new style.

Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.