Need two (2) replacement crank window hardware kits for two different windows

A quick learner from Seattle says:
Hi,

We need to replace the window cranks for two separate windows because both windows are unable to open/close anymore because it appears to us that the previous owner bent the arms so badly that the windows themselves are no longer functional. So, this photo is my son's bedroom window. My son's window has the crank on the right from inside his room. My daughters window is same type of window except the crank is located on the left side when standing inside her bedroom. We just want the windows to work properly and think that we may need to purchase two kits. Please confirm what we need to purchase and/or if this is a two-person project. I can ask my dad to help me with this as I'm just a single mom with two kids! My son would help but he's likely not strong enough for this. Also- Will we need to take off the actual window to fix this problem?
Thanks
Chanda
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 8055B9DD-22D8-4387-B191-7797FEAD9D41.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Chanda.

Thank you so much for your patience during our busy season. Start by taking a look at our 39-022 and 39-023 operators and carefully compare our dimensions to yours to see if this matches your original hardware.

You don't need to be handy in order to replace these operators, but if you're not entirely confident some help couldn't hurt. You also don't need to remove the window if you're only replacing the operator. I hope this helps and good luck with your repair! 

If you have any questions just let us know. 

Hi,
Thanks so much for your help. I watched the video. Just to make sure I am measuring correctly- am I measuring the metal arm that sits at the base of inside the window frame? If so, the length to me appears to be 11" of metal bracket length so I'm guessing that this part you recommended is indeed the correct hardware size for this window. Pls confirm. I'll order this ASAP that I hear back from you. Also, does the hardware come with installation tips and/or instructions? I hope so :))

Thanks!!
Chanda
Hi again- here's a photo with my tape measuring the 11"? Pls confirm this is right replacement part. Thanks
Chanda
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B3D2938E-3AFE-401E-9B12-26E07B3BB8B2.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

It looks like you're measuring the hinge. You'll want to measure the operator's arm. Removing the operator from the window will give you the most accurate measurement as well. Take a look at the picture below as a reference. 

Our 39-022 and 39-023 operators does not include instructions or installation hardware, but the installation and removal process is fairly simple. I'll walk you through it.

Step 1: Detach the end of the arm from the track; there is usually a gap in the track that you can use to push and pull the arm free

Step 2: Unscrew the base from the sill; in the case of the 39-022, the screws are on the outside of the frame

Step 3: Pull it out

Dimensions for 39-022
Dimensions for 39-022
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.