Needing some help....

A home owner from Florida says:
SWISCO team,

I am looking to replace some window channel balances but do not see an exact replacement on your website.

I need (2) 26" Series 795 style balances (Stamped "26B") with the 15-198 clip; however, I have ribbed channels not plain.
Is this something that can be made/ordered?

Also, my pivot shoes are different from what comes with the 795s. (Pictures attached)
Can I switch to the newer style shoe that comes with the 795's?
If I switch to a newer style of shoe, do I need to replace the balances on both sides of the window?
I am ordering one balance for two different windows.
Do I need to replace both balances each time you replace one balance?

I am fairly handy but I have never replaced balances before. I am not sure what the standard practice is and whether I should order 4 total and replace the pair in both windows.

The shoe I currently have measures 31/32"L x 3/8"W x 1-7/8"H.
I measured the height on the right side of the shoe looking down at it on the table.
The left side to the top of that tip that sticks up is 1-61/64" - not sure if this matters.
It looks like the 15-134 pivot shoe but mine has a different height.

Thank you for any guidance you can give!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5549.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5550.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5551.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5548.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Your exact balance with that T-shoe bottom is no longer made I'm afraid. We have custom 3/8" wide balances that use the 15-230 lock shoe and the 15-198 top hook you can use instead. These balances are 2" longer than your old ones, to compensate for the fact that the lock shoe replaces the old pivot shoe. They will be stamped 28B. I sent you an email with a purchase link to order a pair. Let me know if you have any questions prior to placing this order. 

Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.