Old style coil balance size "F"

A quick learner from New Holland, Pa says:

I'm looking for the old style coil balance - size 'F' like the one in the pictures. Do you have anything like it, or a replacement? I don't need the pivot shoe just the coil balance.

User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. This is an older style coil spring that isn't made anymore, but we should be able to substitute it with a more modern style. To know which coil spring you need, it would be best to see a picture of your pivot shoe out of the window. The style of the pivot shoe identifies the identify of the coil springs. I suspect you have something like our 15-177 shoe, which is compatible with our Series 152 Coil Springs. The stamp letter F may in fact translate to our S152-6, but it would be best to weigh your sash just in case. Each individual S152-6 can carry 6 lbs. At any rate, show us the shoe if you want to be certain. Many thanks.

Profile picture of Bob

Yes, this looks like our 15-177. So the Series 152 Coil Springs will work for you. Now, if you had springs with no stamps or wanted to replace all the springs, finding a way to obtain the exact sash weight would be best. Nonetheless, a coil stamped 'F' likely corresponds to our S152-6, for 6 lbs of weight support. 

I attached a picture of the pivot shoe. I don't have a weight for the sash, no bathroom scale.

User submitted a photo of a pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Bob

Ah, let me clarify. Your coil springs are an older style that work with this shoe. The Series 152 Springs can screw to the sides of the 15-177 with a screw like our 33-072. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

The coil in our picture has a hook on the end that locks into a bracket. S152-6 has a hole in the end, what are we suppose to screw this in to? Is there something else that goes with it?
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.