Old style pella window balance.

A quick learner from Brooklyn, NY says:
Hi good morning. I have these old pella windows that need repairs. Can you possibly help me find these type if balances and shoes that they go into. Thankyou.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220714_151707.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220714_151610.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220714_151604.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We can help with this balance, but it might have to be a custom order due to its configuration.

Before we go any further, can you first tell me if your balance installs at the top using a hook or a screw? That will be the major deciding factor as to whether we need to custom make this or whether you can purchase these components as a standard order.

Hi yes the balances install at the top with some kind of hook or screw and the balance itself slides up and down with the sash.
Profile picture of Tom

Would you kindly specify whether it uses a hook or screw? It can't use both, and the distinction is very important.

I believe it's a hook. It's hard to say because the strings over laps the top edge of the window and I'm guessing it hooks up inside the jamb.
Profile picture of Tom

If you have hooks, then that means these balances will have to be a custom order. Custom balances are made here in our shop before they ship out and are therefore non-refundable. What I will do now is email you a purchase link and price quote for 2, which is our minimum quantity. 

The basic configuration of this balance is going to be our 29" long Series 795 with a 29D stamp option. We will also swap the bottom shoe out for our 15-224 inverted link and the screw clip for our 15-198 hook. You should review this configuration to verify. 

I am very confident that this configuration will work for you, but you should be 100% sure that your balances install at the top using a hook. Like I said before, these are non-refundable. We can only make these according to the specifications you give us, so you have to be sure they're accurate.

If you wanted to change the quantity to anything other than just 2 balances, please let me know. I would be happy to change that count to anything you need, it's just something that we have to pre-set ahead of time for you.

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.