Operators

A quick learner from Connecticut says:
Hello, I'm looking for replacements for some old window operators.

The first is an awning window with a 27" track. The glass size is 35-3/4" x 13-1/2". The arm is between 10-1/2" and 11" from the end to the elbow. Pictures 1-3.

The second is a casement window with a 14-1/2" track. The glass size is roughly 16" x 30". The arm is about 7 1/2" from the end to the elbow. It has a label that says Andersen 7073A R. The track is also bent and damaged so needs to be replaced. Pictures 4-5.

The next ones all appear to be the same operator for 4 different windows. The glass width is just under 16" on all of them with 2 being 48" tall and 2 that are 30" tall. The arms look like they are between 7-1/2" and 8" from the end to the elbow. It's a little hard to tell with them still mounted. They don't have any visible stamps with labels, but the tracks are all 14-1/2" wide and say Andersen, just like the window with the 7073A operator. One of them also needs a new track.

I'm hoping to find some replacements without having to modify the wood on the windows. I read one thread that looked like the 39-365 may work for the casements, is this a possibility? Thanks for any help you can give!
User submitted photos of a window operator.
A quick learner from Connecticut says:
These are pictures of the last 4 operators I am looking for. Thanks.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Hey, thanks for posting. These are some old parts. I don't think any of them are available anymore, but i will do my best to come up with a solution for each.

Let's start with the awning window operator. Many customers in the past used our 39-390 as a replacement, but many others reported that when installed, the sash wouldn't close due to the show hitting the end of the track before closing. One fix for this would be to mount the operator base on the sill in a manner that would prevent this from happening.

As for the casement windows, my first thought was our 39-365 and 39-366, but I noticed in your photos that your operator arm has an offset bend. You might need to use something like our 39-412 and 39-413, which have offset arms, in addition to replacing the track with our 39-505. You'd also need a new handle, our 39-114L.

Now, these solutions are not guaranteed, unfortunately, but they are the best options we have at this time. Let me know your thoughts.
How to Replace an Awning Operator
How to Replace an Awning Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.