A home owner from Doug Fitzgerald says:
Need new balancer shoes and the complete balancers for 30" and 36".
The windows have a firm clip on bottom that goes into the indented balancer rod.
I do not know how the window would go into your 30B or 36B without the indentation for the firm pin to slid into.
Can you help or tell me who may sell these or what I should do??
I have 10 out of 15 windows that have broken shoes or complete balancers
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1631.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1629.JPG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing. Our T-Lock shoes are not designed with this groove in the stem. But our balances also lack this indentation, so they are wholly compatible with one another. You can certainly still install the window sash without the indentation in the balances. What you need to do is have the balances slightly staggered, with one T-Lock Shoe higher than the other, during installation. This will let you fit the pivot bars of the window sash in at the proper angle. See the 3:15 minute mark onward in the video below for details of the installation process.

As far as the actual hardware, it looks like you'll need the S795-30, with a stamp option of 30B, and the S795-36, with a stamp option of 36B. If your old T-Lock Shoe has a closed cam, then the show that comes installed with the Series 795 (our 15-195) will work just fine. If you can see through the back of the cam, however, you'll need our 15-195B open cam and will have to install it separately. See the other video listed on this page for details. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)