Pella 28 C replacement with 28 E

A quick learner from Missouri says:
Hello,
I have a bottom sash on a Pella window that must have been broken in the past. The glass was replaced with a thicker glass so the bottom sash is now too heavy (slides about an inch down after opening) for the 28C balancers that are on it now. I need to replace the 28C with the 28E balancers on both sides. This configuration looks correct with the t balance shoe on the bottom but I need the hook on top. How do I go about ordering, what is the pricing and lead time. Thanks in advance for your help.

Tracy
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Tracy. We can certainly supply Series 795 Channel Balances for you with the 15-198 hook on top via custom order. Note that the stamp 28E is for a window sash that falls in the weight range of 28 through 32 pounds. Make sure your sash falls into that weight range before we proceed. I just have two further points to clarify before we proceed:

• Which T-Lock Shoe do your balances use? The Series 795 can use the 15-195, 15-195B, or 15-194, among others. Please send pictures to confirm. 
  • There actually might be another solution besides fitting balances with the hook on top. Can you show me a picture of the hole in the window jamb where those hooks connect to? Its shape might offer another solution. Many thanks. 

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.