Pennco Replacement Window Balance (Unique 23-E-50 stamping)

Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I think we can help replace this balance for you, but it will likely have to be a custom order. First, can we see how the balance installs at the top? Can you also show us any bottom attachment, or shoe? We will also need the weight of your window sash as well. Finally, how many balances do you need? We'll work with you from there. Many thanks.

A quick learner from Cincinnati, OH says:
Would like aide in determining comparable window balance replacement for a Pennco window in my home. Pennco no longer exists and I'm having trouble finding the correct replacement component. The balance itself is 24" in length and is rectangular.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Balance #3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Balance #2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Balance #1.jpg
A quick learner from Cincinnati, OH says:
I'm attaching photos that you requested. The photo of the bottom attachment can be seen in #4. The balance just sits in the track against the metal piece in #5 and isn't technically held in at the top seen in #6. I weighed the window and it comes it at around 21#. I technically need one balance but would think I should replace both as a set for this window.
Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Balance #6.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Balance #5.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Balance #4.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Perfect, that's all we need to know. So, we'll be setting you up with an S770-24 balance with a 62-105 hook attached to the end. Does that look good to you? This should function the same way; the 62-105 hook is fully compatible with your pivot shoe. 

We'll also be using the 24C stamp for this balance, which carries 17 through 22 pounds.

Lastly, I agree that you should replace both balances. That way the new hardware will last longer. I'll email you an order link and price quote for 2 right now.

Oh, and before I forget, regarding how your balance is held in place: it really shouldn't depend on just that metal post. You should consider drilling a hole in your window track at the top to support the new balance.

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.