Plastic Cap - Top of window

A handy person from Fort Lauderdale says:
Hello. I'm looking for the plastic cap shown in one of my pics and missing on the other. I believe this holds the balance?

The balance has numbers of "26 4 NJ BS" on it if that helps.

Thank you.
User submitted photo of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
This part is known as a top sash guide. We should be able to help, but I need to see a picture of this part removed from the window. I will also need dimensions. Check out the video below for more information on this kind of issue.
A home owner says:
Hey there. The dimensions and pictures are below. It also looks that the top tab of the balance is snapped too, if you have a part number for that as well.

3/4" channel width

Top of sash guide is 1/2" from window outward

Plastic piece where the screw is 3/4" long

Full plastic piece is 1" long down channel
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us!
The top sash guides look like SWISCO product code 18-042.

It also looks like the take out clip is missing, you will need these to remove the window sash. It is most likely 16-002 or 16-023. See if you can find one in another window to compare it.

The top balance fitting looks like 19-018; if you need to replace the entire balance see Series 377. Your balance is marked 26 4, check the length (exclude the fittings for this measure) it should measure 27", if it does go to part number S377-27 and select stamp option 2640.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)