Ply Gem windows

A home owner from Asheville, NC says:

I have 2 sizes of Ply Gem windows, the broken parts are the shoes attached to the metal channels in the pics, with the green plastic.

Is there any chance you can help me with these parts? I'd really appreciate some feedback.

Thank you,

David

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190628_162949732_HDR.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190703_192523369.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190703_192555530.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190703_194335448.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi David, thanks for your patience during this busy season. This is a little tricky. Note that grooves in the stems of both your T-Lock Shoes; this allows them to fit neatly with the groove in your channel balances. Unfortunately, our T-Lock Shoes and Channel Balances are not made with this indentation; thus, you will need to replace not only your old T-Lock Shoes, but your Channel Balances as well. 

For your Channel Balances, see our Series 795. Let us know if you have questions narrowing down what you need. For your T-Lock shoes, you'll need the 15-195B Open Cam Shoe and the 15-194 1" Shoe. You can swap out both for the shoe that comes installed with our Series 795 balances (the 15-195). Let us know if you have any questions.

Hello Bob, and thank you for your reply. I've re-measured, and I can see your Series 795 Balances will work. I have 28" and 30" Balances and would order some of each.
What I don't understand from your reply is why I would need the 15-195B shoes. The 1" 15-194 is what I'm replacing (and all I really need, but I understand yours don't work with my channel balances).
So, I would order the Channel balance and the 15-194 Shoes to swap out with the included 15-195 shoes.
The other question is about the connector at the top of the balance assembly. Mine is a clip, not a screw in. What does it take to get those on these balances?
Thanks for your patience and your help with this.

David
Profile picture of Bob

Hi David, thanks for bearing with me during this very busy season. I mentioned the 15-195B because that's what it looks like you have as a separate shoe in two of your photos, with the 15-194 being what you have attached to the metal channel. If you only need the shoes attached to the balances though, then yes, the 15-194 is all you need. Sorry for the confusion. 

Now, this issue with the clip instead of a screw-in; thanks for pointing this out, as it's not an uncommon issue. We have two solutions here. One is custom building these balances for you with the hook attached. There may be another solution though. Can you show me a picture of the hole that the screw attaches to at the top of the window track? Depending on its shape, we may have an easier solution. 

Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for getting back to me. OK, since it's a round hole this means our only real option is to build these balances for you with the 15-198 hook attached. We'll be happy to do this, but we'll need just a little more information to get this going for you:

• You say you need some 28" and 30" Series 795 Balances, respectively. How many of each do you require?
  • We will need the stamp code on the metal channel for each set of balances.
  • If you can, just clarify the T-Lock shoe type you need for both sets of balances. We can build these with the correct shoe already attached for you.

From there, we'll get this started for you as soon as possible. 

Thanks Bob, here are photos of the hole, a balance clip in place, and the back end of a clip that's not in place.
Hope that helps.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190718_140824754.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190718_140837413.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190718_140947224.jpg
Hello again Bob,

I will need (6) of the 30" balances and the current ones are stamped 30B. Photo attached.
I will need (4) of the 28" balances and the current ones are stamped 28C.
The correct shoe lock is the 15-194, the first photos just showed a sample shoe lock from another window that I don't have.
Please give me an idea what this order would cost, with the 15-198 hooks and the correct shoe locks attached.
I appreciate all your help sorting this out.
David
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190716_165302551.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for getting back to me, and thanks for clarifying about the shoes--sorry I missed that earlier! Okay, I am sending you an email with custom links to order (6) of the S795-30 Stamp 30 B with the 15-198 and 15-194 attached, as well as (4) of the S795-28 28C with the 15-198 and 15-194 attached. Prices will be listed in these custom links. If you have any questions, just let us know here in the discussion thread. Many thanks. 

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.