Proper coil balance support

A quick learner says:
Hi can u tell me what is the correct dual or double coil balance support for the 15-177 shoe? The one shown in my pics doesn't seem to fit correctly. I need a double coil balance support for the pictures of the coils and shoe that I sent.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I am sorry to hear that you are having a difficulty time with this. I looked over your order history and I see that you purchased our 15-150D coil support which should have worked for you. Could you please elaborate in more detail what the issue is with this hardware?
A home owner from San Marcos says:
Ok yes. After my last correspondence I was assured that this new support cover was correct so I went ahead and installed it correctly I think. It does work as you said it would. Only one tiny problem is that when I open and it close that window some part of the window nicks the balance support so I have to force it open or closed. Wondering if there is a way to fix this? I don't want the cover to crack from the forcing. Maybe if I put the same support on the other side of the window? The right side still has the original 2 hole plastic support cover. And one last question hopefully, when the coils piggy back eachother, are both ends secured with the screw into the shoe on the same side? Or does one coil screw to the left side of shoe and the other coil screw to the right side of the shoe? Thank you very much. I changed my status from quick learner to homeowner lol!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The placement of the coil springs are too high on the window track. Window manufacturers now place the housing just below the top tilt latches when the sash is in the close position so the tips don't hit the housing. Having both coil springs attached on the same side of the balance shoe is fine.
A home owner from San Marcos CA says:
Thank you very much!
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.