Quantum II window parts

A home owner from Pennsylvania says:
Hi!

I have several replacement windows (tilt-in/double hung) in my home that were sold to me in the early/mid 90's under the name "Quantum II".

I have a couple broken pivot bars. Pictured is a pivot bar that is not broken. I believe the replacement for this part may be your Part #26-226. Would you please confirm that looks like a reasonable replacement.

Also, several of my windows' Pivot shoes are cracked. I am not sure which part to buy, could you suggest some options that look reasonable or that you may know fit this type of window?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3128.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20201007_132826.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20201007_132431.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I agree, our 26-226 looks like a great match for your old pivot bar. At the end of the day it's going to come down to hole placement. Overall length doesn't matter. I recommend carefully reviewing our dimensions to verify that the holes are appropriately spaced from the front tip. Make sure to only measure them at their centers, too, not their edges.

As for the pivot shoe, yours was very recently discontinued but the good news is that our 15-177 works perfectly well as a replacement. It will be fully compatible with your existing hardware.

Alternate image for 15-177
Alternate image for 15-177

Thanks so much, Tom! We will get an order placed!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Awesome, thank you so much! Please let me know if we can be of any assistance in the future.

Hi Tom,

This past weekend we removed the old pivot shoe and it appears the depth of our shoe is greater than the suggested replacement part. Attached are photos showing the old pivot shoe and the 15-177 side by side. Our old shoe is closer to 7/8" deep. Do you still believe the 15-177 is a good replacement for the window, or should we look at something more like the 15-192 or something else? Could you weigh in again, please? Thanks so much!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2DAD55A3-A00C-4212-8637-56602B439AF5.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B55A586C-9489-4B87-B4DA-FCAB27839C6A.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 64B0531B-2155-47E0-BCF5-03F114B1E016.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us, and I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. The good news is that I do recognize the shoe you show here. The bad news is that it's no longer made, as per the manufacturer. 

We don't have a confirmed solution for this, but my suggestion is to try to use the 15-192 pivot shoe with the 26-452 pivot bar. The pivot shoe comes with aligners on the nylon face so you might have to file them down to fit in the track. You could also reuse your pivot bar with the new 15-192 shoe by filing down the top and bottom ring so it will slip into the pivot shoe cam. Otherwise the 26-452 should work fine. Your old springs should also be compatible, since they just screw in. 

All that aside, it is no guarantee. I am sorry that we can't offer you anything better.

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.