REPLACEMENT WRIGHT SPLIT ARM WINDOW OPERATOR

A quick learner from Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada says:
Hello,
I sent an earlier email via your website but after some research I realize that the info I gave you is probably useless. Therefore, I
User submitted a photo of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I'm afraid some of your post got cut off, so I'm not sure what your question is. Are you looking for a replacement of the operator pictured? If so, start by looking at our 39-387 and 39-388 and see how well they match up.
Thank you, I did look at 39-387 and 39-388 but the measurements won't work for me. I have have included a new pic with better measurements. Please let me know if you have anything that would fit. Thank you.
User submitted a photo of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I think I see what you mean. You have an old Wright operator. What Wright did was use the basic operator body and gear arm and then attach different sized link arms. If this wasn't difficult to keep up with by itself, they also happened to go out of business.

Fortunately, I have a few suggestions. What you could do is to purchase something like our 39-316 operator, which has a 5" link arm. That's a little closer to the yours, though it does not come with the 39-105 detach clip. You will need to order that separately.

I know it's a little short, but you can do two things to make up for that. First move over the sash bracket on the window so it is in the correct position. You could also simply take the link arm off your old operator and install it on the 39-316 using the 62-014.

I hope I did not confuse you too much. Let me know if you have any questions!
Hello Dave,

Thank you for your quick response and the information you have provided is great. I think this will work out just fine. Thanks again!
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Discontinued GU Operator
How to Replace a Discontinued GU Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.