Replace balance - but do not know the brand of window

A home owner from North Myrtle Beach, SC says:

I apologize, first, since I may not use the correct terms/words.

I am selling this home, and need to fix window. It is a vinyl, single hung, tilt window. The balance bar there is not covered by a plastic piece, it seems to be held in place by the white clip on the side of the window. I did see 28 E on the metal balance that is currently in the window. It seems there is a separate locking mechanism, or pivot locking shoe? My handyman was able to pull the string and rehook it on the left side of the window, but the right side, we can not release the tension on the string, and did not want to force it. I have been to Home Depot, Lowe's and a local lumber and window dealer. They can not help me unless I know what brand of window this is - I can tell you it is not an Anderson, Jeld-Wen, or Relibilt window, I have spent a good bit of time of help line calls. I have learned more about windows than I care to tell you. Also, the glass in the window is made by Guardian Glass, Galax, VA the numbers etched in the glass are z97.1 1-2004, cfr 1201-11 97. I live at thee beach, so it is "hurricane" grade glass.

Thx - Leslie

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20210202_111521256_HDR.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20210202_111835259_HDR.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20210205_144210849.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20210205_144212885.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Leslie. It looks like you have a Series 795 Channel Balance. This helpful blog post here will tell you more details, as well as anything we need to know from you to further narrow this down. Let me know if you have any further questions. 

A home owner from North Myrtle Beach, SC says:
HI Bob - thanks so much for replying. After reading and viewing the videos and using the information you supplied we found other YouTube videos to help us fix the window. The problem was the hook on the T-Lock Shoe had come unhooked from the Balance, so easy fix after we found out how to remove and what the problem was.

Again, many thanks.
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.