Replaced spring but they are to weak and the window does not stay open.

A home owner from usa says:
Replaced spring but they are to weak and the window does not stay open.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Resized_20220608_152736.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Resized_20220608_152554.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Resized_20220608_152550.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Resized_20220608_152539.jpg
My help rep said he needs to see more photos. Do these help?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Resized_20220609_095136 (1).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Resized_20220609_095443.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Resized_20220609_095020.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

This appears to be an older version of the Series 770 channel balance. Take a look and see what you think. You may also want to weigh your sash on a scale to determine the appropriate spring strength option. There's a chart on the S770 product page that will tell you what option you'll need based on the weight of your sash. 

If you need a new pivot shoe, we'll need to see yours removed from the window along with the written out thickness and width dimensions. 

Man, I have sent 13 pictures and all I get is more questions. I have been told.

Now THOSE are what we call "helpful photographs."

If I need a pivot shoe? Isn't the idea you tell me what I need.
The 770 does not show a 10". The 795 does will that work?
Profile picture of Emily

This is an old style balance that hasn't been made in decades and I cannot tell if your pivot shoe is in good shape or not so I really don't know if you need a new one. If it is in good condition, you can re-use it but if it's not I will need to see it removed from the track along with the requested dimensions. That is the only way for me to offer a confident recommendation. 

The Series 795 will not work as a replacement, no. If your balance's metal channel is 10", this will have to be a custom order since that length is not a stock option of ours. With that said, I would need to see a clearer picture of the stamp on your metal channel. However, if you say your spring is too weak it may be a good idea to obtain the exact sash weight to confirm you have the appropriate calibration. 

I understand that this may be a tedious process but this is the only way for me to ID your hardware and to make sure we get you the right parts for the job. 

I replaced the broken spring and that spring is to weak. I will resend the pic of spring. I will resend the pic of the back of the balance with the stamp. I will resend the pic of the length of the metal part of the balance. I am adding the pivot shoe pics as requested.

Pivot dimension's = 2" Height = slightly less than 9/16" depth = 1' width

Thanks
Steve
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Resized_20220608_152736 (2).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Resized_20220608_152857.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Resized_20220609_095643.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Resized_20220610_135100.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

Thanks for the additional pictures, Steve. According to our records, this pivot shoe was discontinued back in 2016. I don't believe a direct replacement was ever made but take a look at our 15-179 which is 9/16" thick and 15/16" wide. As long as your pivot bar is like the 26-040 then this pivot shoe can be used as a substitute. Just keep in mind, this is only meant to work with a 5/16" x 3/16" pivot bar like the 26-040. This won't be included in the quote I'll be sending you so you'll have to add this to your cart separately. 

As for the balance, I'm going to email you a purchase link and price quote for (2) 10" S770 balances, our minimum, that you can use to place an order on our website. Please note, the stamp for these new balances will be 10C and a pair of balances with this stamp would carry a sash weighing 10 to 13 pounds. As I mentioned before, you can always weigh your sash on a scale to confirm. If you'd like to make any changes, let me know right here on this page and I'd be happy to do so. 

Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.