Replacement parts

A landlord from Springfield, TN says:

Do you have replacement parts for sale? I have windows with the spiral balance. The part the balance fits in needs to be replaced. I can try to send photos of parts needed.

Greg

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Replacement parts is our specialty, in fact. We sell a ton of spiral balance and spiral balance hardware that you can see here

If you are unable to find what you need in our catalog, then seeing photos of your parts would be a great place to start.

A landlord from Springfield, TN says:
I have sent photos for you to view and would like to place an order for replacement parts.
Greg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220224_113149.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220224_113525.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220224_113226.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220224_113509.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks! Looks like you need not just a spiral balance, but also a tilt lever and pivot shoe.

Starting with the spiral balance, you would have either our 9/16" diameter Series 600 or 3/8" diameter Series 900.

For the tilt latch, the best match is going to depend on the spacing and size of the bottom forks, which I am unsure of. I recommend looking at our complete selection here. We have detailed dimensions in each case that you can use as a reference.

Same story for the pivot shoe: the best match will depend on size, but in this case you want to focus on the width and thickness. You can see our full selection of pivot shoes here. 15-046 is a good place to start just by eyeballing your original, but there are many, many other options.

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.