Replacement parts: 900 Series single hung window

A home owner from Gainesville Ga says:
one photo of screen needing replacement; do you sell screens.
two photos of bottom of window of apparent plastic weather strip held in place by screws--do you sell these?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCF2049.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCF2051.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCF2052.JPG
#2061 Latch/release for swing out top of window
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCF2061.JPG

These photos would not upload?apparently exceeded you max photo's allowed on line. Please review the items already uploaded to your site and call to help place my order. Would like to complete the order today.

#2053--Bent window to shoe pin

#2055--bottom weather Strip???

#2056--Shoe Pivot??

#2058--Yellow 34" Spiral & the Plastic cover??

Best Regards,

Billy

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCF2053.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCF2055.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCF2056.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCF2058.JPG
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello Billy, thanks for writing in! I'm confident we can help you with these parts, but it will take a little measuring in order to ensure you are getting the best replacement parts.

In regards to your tilt latch, I suggest you take a look at our 26-193 and 26-194. Be sure to compare the dimensions to your original part, especially the distance between the installation holes. 

For your pivot bar, the crucial dimension is the distance between the tip that goes into the pivot shoe, and the installation screw. I suggest you start by looking our our 26-040, 26-083, and 26-089.

The weather stripping looks very similar to our 58-135 bubble seal. Please review the dimensions. 

As for the pivot shoe, I have associated the 15-173. However, this is only a guess. The crucial components here are the width and depth of the shoe. If the 15-173 doesn't match, please let me know these dimensions.

In regards to your spiral balance, I need to confirm two points. First, I need to know the diameter of the outer tube. Then I would like to confirm the length - when determining this be sure to measure only the outer tube.

Finally, we unfortunately do not carry screens anymore. As for the weather stripping you show in your first post, I would need to see it removed from the window and from an end profile perspective in order to determine its exact shape.

With a little work I'm confident we can get you set up with the right parts!

Re: Pivot Bar 26-083,--none of the three options you mention are exact. The closest is this one. are there other options or will this one work.

Re: 15-173 doesn't match; my pivit shoe is closer to 5/16" thick rather than 9/16". Also the metal "claw" in this one is a single point and mine as a double claw--I also note on he description is commonly used on 600 series window--mine is a 900 series--is there a better option?

Profile picture of Casey

For your pivot shoe, can you please tell me the exact width and depth? 

As for the pivot bar, could you inform me of the distance between the installation screw and the tip that inserts into the pivot shoe?

Pivot shoe--they are broken so impossible to get exact measurement. but best as it can tell it is likely about 1 3/4" long; 15/16" wide and 5/16" thick.

pivot bar--may just order two of each as they are impossible to remove for measurement without removing the window.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCF2062.JPG
Profile picture of Casey

For your pivot shoe, the closest match I could find is our 15-045. It's difficult to say for certain without measurements, but for your pivot bar you could also consider the 26-297.

Julia--thanks for the help. there are a few parts that simply will not match in terms of exact measurement. Considering ordering extra to insure a fit but want to know of your return policy for uwanted items ordered???
Profile picture of Casey

It's my pleasure! You can view our return policy here

Preparing to basically rebuild the affected windows. Is there a recommended lubricant we should use in the channel where shoe pivot slides such as WD 40 or similar?

Also is there a video that helps with complete Disassembly and reassembly?
Profile picture of Casey

You can take a look below at some associated videos. As long as all the parts fit properly you shouldn't really need any lubricant for the pivot shoe. Our balances come pre-lubricated. 

Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-045 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-045 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.