Replacement pivot part

A quick learner from Massachusetts says:
Can you tell me which pivot I need to order to replace this broken piece. I included the bar code that I found on the side of the window.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named AC4B35C4-AFC3-4502-A9D2-DA1D7D77B1E4.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A79D0C44-B86E-4257-98C2-2E3547661B35.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 519F1665-D638-4004-AFB0-86861F1BF58D.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D4543697-458E-4DC8-A8E5-537F014BDBE0.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello! 

We don't have a replacement for your exact pivot shoe but take a look at our 15-192 which uses the Series 170 & Series 171 coil springs, or 15-259 that's designed to use the Series 159 coil springs. 

The 15-192 looks more like your pivot shoe but the face will need to be shaved down in order for it to fit in the window track. If you go this route, keep in mind that you won't be able to return it for a refund. 

Our 15-259 can work as is and we believe this works better than the original. Take a look at the video below. This will walk you through the replacement process, step by step. 

A home owner from Massachusetts says:
Hi,

Thank you for the information. I would like to confirm that if I was to purchase item 15-259 with a coil that it's not a problem because the original pivot shoes do not have a coil.

Thanks,
Lisa
Profile picture of Emily

Hi, Lisa.

I'm a bit confused. This pivot shoe is specifically designed to work with coil springs. I don't know know how you would be able to open and close the window without them. They would be located right above the pivot shoe. You may want to check an identical window in the house to confirm. 

I see that I do have the coil but mine is in two pieces. Will the piece you recommend still wirk
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 75F4E993-CA62-40CB-AE2B-99B950E0B1F5.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 48873315-894A-476F-BFAF-B4C5CDCFD6D8.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A51953CA-F9C8-415F-9904-765DDE9424F3.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily

Our 15-259 may look different from your original but we've used this to successfully replace your old shoe. As long as you follow the instructions in the video above, we're confident this part will work for you.  

Thank you for your help
Do I have to just order item 15-259 or are there other parts that I need to order to complete the new pivot shoe (coil)??
Profile picture of Emily

As mentioned in the video above, you will also need the 26-083 pivot bar and 15-255 single or 15-256 double support, depending on how many springs you have per side. In addition to these items, you'll need the Series 159 coil springs that are designed to be used with the 15-259 shoe. To determine the correct coil weight, look for a stamp on the band of your springs. If there is no such stamp, weigh your sash on a scale and tell me its precise weight. I can work out what you need from there. 

SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.