Replacement unique balances

A quick learner from USA says:
I need to replace this, but no one locally has it.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190606_194925_1560959215102_resized.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190606_195132_1560959213686_resized.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190606_195212_1560959212107_resized.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Unique is no longer in business, but I feel pretty confident that we can replace this balance. Can you just show me a picture of the clip at the end of the cord? This is the clip that anchors the balance to the pivot shoe. It's not visible in any of your photos and it will allow us to confirm the best replacement part for your window.

I was not sure if I was going to get a response so I already put in an order. The part that attaches to the shoe is a string with a small plastic piece to prevent the string from pulling out. The spring attaches at the top end hooked over the little metal bar. Unlike your units mine has the pulleys and string at the bottom and attaches to the bottom of the spring.. I ordered the 795 channel balance. What do you think?
Profile picture of Tom

I don't know if the Series 795 can replace this. There's a chance it may, but I'm not optimistic.

If you can show us a clear picture of the plastic clip without obstruction then we can determine a good match. Based on your description, it sounds like it could function similarly to our Series 770. You might want to consider this as a replacement balance.

here is another picture. let me know what you think.

Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190626_180808.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Perfect, thank you! This is just what we needed to see. I feel pretty confident that you simply have an older version of our Series 770. This has a metal terminal clip, not plastic, but they function the same way and the slight differences in clip design won't affect its function.

Thank you I will order the 770 series and use my original shoe.
Profile picture of Tom

Great! We really appreciate it. Please let us know how it works out.

I looked at the back of one of the shoes and it was broken.
Dimensions are ! 1/4 inch wide in front and 1 3/16 in the back , 9/16 thickness and 2 1/16 tall in the center. Which shoe should we add to my order # 1235601 ?
Profile picture of Tom

If your shoe is 9/16" thick, then I think our 15-129 should work well for you. This is one of the most popular shoes to use for this balance, and it appears to match yours in terms of size and design, as well. Let me know if you agree.

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.