Replacing channel balance

A quick learner from Raleigh, NC says:
I think I can use the S795-27 changing out the shoe to the 15-194 1" T-Lock.
The shoe I have on my window now looks to be longer than the 15-194, will that make a difference? I do not see a way to get the old shoe out of my window, unless I cut the old shoe or flange on the window. Is this an acceptable way to remove this?
I also need a top sash guide(I think that is what it is called), do you having something that might work?

I have a tilt window, channel balance is 27" and window sash weighs around 20 pounds. Thanks for your help, Chris
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

It looks like you have a vinyl American Craftsman tilt window that uses an S765-27 channel balance. See what you think. You will need the old stamp to confirm the best option. We do not recommend guessing sash weight, as these tend to be precise. 

The top balance fitting looks like our 26-053A.  Your pivot shoe isn't made anymore but it can be replaced with our 15-046.

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.