Replacing constant force spring assembly

A handy person from Denver Colorado says:
Hi, need help replacing the constant force spring assembly. The window weight is 30 pounds, so I'm looking at the 15-lb/pd/series-140-quick-tilt-balance which looks totally different from what I have I also need the rounded pivot bar. Is there any parts I need for attaching?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190618_122123.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190618_115335.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190618_130932.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I'm afraid the Series 140 isn't the right replacement for your window, as it has a different thickness and width compared to your old pivot shoe; this will adversely affect window function. You can view our Return Policy here. I believe you have our 15-087 Coil Shoe, which works with the 15-086 Tandem Housing and 16-04 Housing Bracket. This system uses our Series 180 Coil Springs, which are sold separately. If your window sash weighs exactly 30 lbs, then you'll need (1) of the S180-7 7 lb spring and (1) of the S180-8 8 lb spring on both sides of the window sash. This would equal 15 lbs of support on either side of the sash, for a total of 30 lbs of support overall. 

As far as your pivot bar goes, we don't have an exact match for this pivot bar, but I believe the 26-089 may work as a substitute. Just go over the dimensions, particularly the distance between the mounting hole(s) and the tip of the pivot bar that inserts into the pivot shoe, to confirm this will work for you. Let us know if you have any other questions.

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.