Requesting assistence for parts on a double hung single tilt window about 22 years old.

A quick learner from Wilmington,NC says:

The tilted part of the window is all vinyl weighs approximately 20 pounds. The right hand top tilt latch is damaged. The Pivot bars were both rusted out they are 3"long. The pivot shoe was measure at 2" in length,1¼"wide, and ½" thick. The spiral Balance rod was measured at 3/8wide and 34" long. It looks like the tip may have been yellow. I would also need a sash stop about 4" long to fit in the sash channel.

Please advise.

Thank you in advance

Joe 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2 - 1.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1 - 1.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there, Joe. 

If your spiral balance measures 3/8" in diameter then you would want the Series 900. I'm just not sure about the other parts in your photo since it's hard to get a good look at them. Can you show us clear and up close photos of each individual part you need to replace? 

For the tilt latch, I will need you to write out the installation hole center spacing and the front hole center backset. Regarding the pivot shoe, the written-out thickness and width dimensions will also help me narrow down some options.

Tilt latch installation holes are 2" from center to center. The pivot shoe is 2" in length, 1 ¼" in width and ½" thick.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1 - 1 (1).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4 - 1.jpeg
Pivot bar is 3" long and is u shape.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2 - 1 (1).jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to me! Our 15-046 pivot shoe appears to match your dimensions but take a look and see what you think. This is compatible with the S600 but it should be okay to work with the 3/8" Series 900

We don't sell this exact pivot bar but our 26-040, 26-068, and 26-083 come to mind. We also have the 26-337, 26-344, and 26-435 tilt latches which measure 2" on the installation hole centers. Carefully look over the specifications for these parts and see how they match up with your old pivot bar and tilt latch. 

Thanks for all your help will order at a later date.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.