Sash coil replacement

A home owner from USA says:

Hi There,

I have a double hung with a broken sash coil that needs to be replaced. Below are two pics that I took for the broken coil and what left from it.
The window made is a Thermo-Tite and dimension of the window is as follow:
Width 35" x height 2 f per side which makes the total height 4 f
I am looking for the right part and would like to know how to replace it as well as the price and shipping.
If you have any questions you can email me back on the same email address.

Regards
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hi! The pivot shoe you're showing us is the 15-177, which uses Series 152 coil springs. You'll need the spring weight number, which is stamped on the coil spring near the screw-hole, to place an order.
A home owner from New York says:
Hi Paul,
I measured the coil width and it's 1/2". After searching everywhere the only number on the coil is a letter "F" no numbers there. The sash is 15 lbs Please advise?

Thanks,
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us. Generally, when it comes to coil springs you want to divide the weight of the sash among the coil springs used to support it. In your case, it looks like you have one spring on each side for a 15 pound sash. We don't have anything that adds up to that evenly, but our S152-7 carries 7 pounds per spring and our S152-8 supports 8 pounds per spring. It would be up to you which you think is best. You may want to get the exact weight of the sash to confirm.
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.