Series 850 Block and Tackle Rod Balance

A handy person from Mt. Juliet, TN says:
I am in need of 4 of these or parts to repair. I believe mine are the 34.5 length but they have black shoes on them. They're 15/16 wide. I didn't see that you had that specific one on your website and I didn't want to necessarily purchase the red one that you show in 15/16 since I couldn't find the weight rating for it. I'd take just the top plastic piece if you sold those individually. That's all that's broken on them. The rod just pushed out the top.

I did see you have another item that can replace it, and I think the previous owner of my house has installed them already too. As I was doing some research, trying to find a good one in my house, I found that some of the windows have a 33c channel balance. I think it's the Series 795 Channel Balances 33c. I removed one of those to see if it had a manufacturer name on them but they didn't fit perfectly so getting them back in was tricky. no brand name.

I need 4 of these.. best advice on which ones to get would be great.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

We appreciate your patience. I am afraid the cross bow balance you are looking is no longer offered. We now offer another alternative replacement that should work just as well. Please take a look at our S795-34 balance. This comes assembled with the 1" T-lock balance shoe that accommodates your 15/16" pivot shoe. In order to determine the option on the new balance, weigh your sash on a scale and correspond that to the sash weight chart on the product page. 

You will also need to change the pivot bar. Send us a photo of your current part and we will see what replacement options there are for you. 

A handy person from Mt. Juliet, TN says:
The sash weighs 20lb so it looks like I need the 34B. I've included pictures of the pivot bar, let me know what you have to replace it. Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5353.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5354.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for getting back to us! Like Paul said, it sounds like our S795-34 with a 34B option will work well for you. I'm afraid he misspoke in his original post, though: the S795-34 comes with a 1-1/4" wide shoe, not 1". The 1" wide shoe is our 15-194 and is sold separately, however they just pop on and off easily enough. See the video related to this thread. 

I would also recommend the 26-021 pivot bar.

A quick learner from Mt. Juliet, TN says:
Thanks guys... I installed these parts and they work like a charm. All fits great. I ordered some tilt latches too. I'll leave the info for the buyer of my house in case they need to replace others. Thanks again.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Great! Let us know if you ever need anything else.

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.