Siminton part issue

Quick Learner from Frederick Maryland
Sep 28, 2023 5:18 pm
I ordered the 15-259 coil balance pivot shoe, but the coil I have uses screws to attach to the shoe. I am assuming the 15-259 is not correct but I need a different coil/shoe part?
IMG_7544 IMG_7542 IMG_7543 IMG_7539
4 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Bob
Bob from SWISCO
Sep 28, 2023 8:53 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello there. I see you had the old Simonton pivot shoe that is no longer made. The 15-259 should be able tp replace this; however you also need to replace the coil springs with Series 159 springs. The coil balances that worked with your old shoe are not compatible with the 15-259. You have to replace the entire setup for this substitute to work. If you're uncertain of what spring weights you need for the new Series 159 springs, give me the exact weight of the window sash, and I can work that out for you. Also see the video below.  

Quick Learner from Frederick Maryland
Oct 6, 2023 1:05 pm
Hey Bob,

Thanks my lower sash is 21.2 lbs. Which spring or springs do I need to order. My current setup has 2 springs as per the previous pictures.

Thanks again for the great support.

Charlie
Bob
Bob from SWISCO
Oct 7, 2023 3:14 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hey Charlie. If the sash weighs 21.2 pounds, then you can just use (2) of the S159-10 10.5 pound springs, one for each side of the sash. That will equal 21 pounds of overall support, which is more than close enough to your reported sash weight. The actual number of coils on either side of the sash doesn't matter as much as hitting that weight range, and since you're using a new Series the number of coils needed to reach that range is different. Because of this you can use the 15-255 Single Supports for these coils. Let me know if you have any other questions, and thanks for the kind words! 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts