Simonton Window Parts

A quick learner from Greer, SC says:
Simonton and Home Depot can't help. The windows are twenty years old andneed several parts. Hopefully you can identify them. Thank you for your help.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20220203_115116842.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20220203_115140295.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20220203_115211860.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20220203_115226616.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20220203_115445736.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hey there!

Compare your dimensions to our 15-111 pivot shoe, which uses the Series 160 coil springs, to see if this matches up to your original part. If you need the tilt latches as well, see if our 26-243 and 26-244 match what you need.

Hello, which springs go with these parts? Thanks Sally
Hello, I'll need these parts too. Thank you. Could you please send me photos of them? Sally
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20220211_101306063.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20220211_101353089.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

Hi, Sally.

The 15-111 uses the Series 160 coil springs. As for what coil weight to select, there should be a stamp on your coil springs that will tell you what weigh you'll need. If you're not sure what weight option you need for the replacement coils, you'll need to weigh your window sash and divide the weight by the number of coils in the window.

As for the coil support, see either our 15-150D 1/2" coil double support or 15-150T 1/2" coil triple support depending on how many coil springs you have. 

Let me know if this makes sense or if you had any questions. 

The window sash is about 20lbs. There are four springs, two on each side. So with that information, which, coils would we need? It looks like we need the 15-150D 1/2" coil double support. Thank you.

The numbers on the coils are 6.5 and 3.
Profile picture of Emily

In that case, you can use one S160-6 6.5 pound coil and one S160-3 3.5 pound coil on each side of the window. This would total 20 pounds of overall support; so long as the spring weights are within a pound of your sash's actual weight, this setup should work for you.

Thank you. I really appreciate all your Help!
Profile picture of Emily

No problem! Let me know if you need anything else and best of luck with the repair!

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.