Simonton window parts

Home Owner from Colorado
May 19, 2024 3:47 pm
I'm looking for a replacement pivot bar, and the plastic cover. I can combine them with the 534824 shoe to complete my repairs. I understand a lot of these parts are no longer available, so any recommendations would be appreciated. If I need to replace the whole assembly with something else, I am willing to do so, as long as it is compatible.

Thank you
1000000302 1000000307 1000000308 1000000309 1000000310
5 user uploaded images
1 Replies
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
May 20, 2024 9:58 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for reaching out! The Simonton pivot bar you have pictured here is no longer made, unfortunately. Since it looks like you've already purchased the 15-192 CertainTeed Pivot Shoe, there are two options available to you. Keep in mind, you may need to shave down the aligners on that shoe to install it.

You can replace your existing pivot bar with the 26-336 Simonton Pivot Bar but you will need to have down the collar around the "neck" of the pivot bar so that it will fit into the shoe. The other option is to swap out the metal cam from your old shoe with the new shoe so that you can use the existing pivot bar. You'll need to be sure to use gentle force so that you do not crack the vinyl on the shoe.

This assembly uses either the 15-156 wide cover or the 15-185 narrow cover, along with the 15-157 CertainTeed Balance Drum.

Alternate image for 26-336
Alternate image for 26-336

I also wanted to bring your attention to a new balance assembly we've been recommending to replace your Simonton Coil Balance assembly. We suggest using the 15-259 Coil Balance Shoe along with the Series 159 Coil Balances. This assembly uses the 15-256 Coil Double Support. You would also need to replace the pivot bar with the 26-083.

Take a look at the video tutorial below for a detailed explanation.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts