Sliding door latch - I need one

A handy person from Marietta, GA says:
Sliding door latch - I need one - (see PXL_20210907_190512673) - it was removed by previous owner to install dog entry - nowhere to be found.
Please send pricing and availability.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20210907_185838214.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20210907_190512673.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

This keeper looks like our 82-249. In that case, see mortise locks like our 82-265, 82-260, or 82-239. Without seeing the original I can't confirm which of these you might need--they all have the same lock bodies, but different face plate dimensions. Compare to your door's existing mortise hole and mounting holes; see if any of these could work for you. 

Looks like the 11" - model 82-265 is the lock that is in the door now. (Measurements are correct).
The part that is missing is the keeper attached to the door frame not the sliding door lock itself.
The problem now is that there is a Key lock on the outside of the slider and I also do not have the key. The only way that I can get the lock to engage (from the inside) is if I push in the pin that is protruding from the lock in the middle of the mortise lock. Of coarse I can't do this while the sliding door is closed.

Without the key to you suggest that I buy a whole new assembly. I really do not need a lock with a keyhole on the outside - I just want to be able to lock and unlock the sliding door from the inside of the house.
Profile picture of Bob

Forgive me, by sliding door latch I thought you meant the mortise lock, and since the keeper is in your photos I wasn't clear that was actually the missing part. The keeper that works with all these locks is, as I said, the 82-249

Now, if you're missing the keys for the outside keyed pull, you have two options: one is to contact a locksmith to see if they can help furbish you replacement keys. The second option is to replace the key cylinder with our 82-310, which also comes with new keys. Let me know if you have further questions. 

Thanks you for helping me decide which keeper fits my slider.

On a separate note I need a replacement screen for the same slider door.
Photo attached.
Do do sell them? or do you know what company sells them?
Please advise.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Sticker_on_Slider_Door[1].jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Slider_Door_from_Outside_View[1].jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Slider_Lower_Screen_Track[1].jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Slider_Door_Upper_Screen_Track[1].jpg
Profile picture of Bob

I am very happy to hear that the suggested parts will work for you. Unfortunately, we do not sell springs; I recommend contacting a local hardware store for these, or even the original manufacturer of the window.

How to adjust a sliding glass door
How to adjust a sliding glass door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.