Correct Replacement for Hardware Stamp # 2230

A home owner from Florida says:
Looking for correct replacement for this hardware for my window
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 87DEA6AE-63C3-4421-BF23-38666DE25EB6.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C04B86AA-C4F2-4763-A1D8-58134652F703.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Looks like you have a 1/2" wide channel balance for non-tilt windows. We can definitely supply a match. In fact, I was able to narrow it down to two possible options: either our S351-23 or S390-23. The only difference between them is the depth of the bottom nylon fitting. You'll have to measure yours in order to determine the better option.

5/8 depth of bottom plastic
Profile picture of Tom

I'm not sure that's accurate. I've never seen a bottom fitting in this style that's only 5/8" deep. I think you may be measuring the wrong part.

To get an accurate depth measurement, stand the balance straight up like how it looks while installed. Then, imagine the bottom fitting is a shoe, or foot. You want to measure it from heel to toe. It should be either 1" or 1-1/8".

It could also be a little less than either, due to wear. In other words, it could be 15/16" instead of 1" or 1-1/16" instead of 1-1/8". Keep this in mind as you measure.

If the depth is 1", you want our S351-23. If the depth is 1-1/8", you want our S390-23 instead.

Profile picture of Tom

Thank you! In that case, I think you have our S390-23 channel balance. Your shoe depth was probably 1-1/8" originally and simply wore down a little over time and with frequent use. It happens all the time.

Got it it's 1 1/16 "
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.