Surface mount handle question

A quick learner from usa says:
I'm trying to replace my sliding glass door handles and lock. (We bought a house and the door didn't have any)

It is a surface mount style. Meaning there are only 3 holes in the door. The piece DOES NOT go into the frame of the door.

So, my question is, part #82--001K (Keyed lock handle set) is this a Surface mounted style? Does it require just 3 screw holes to mount it or does it require a large single opening?

Thanks for your assistance with this mstter.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! The 82-001K is not a surface mount style lock set. They're actually the exact opposite, since they go inside the door to install. A surface mount style handle set is something more like the 82-005. For reference, every surface mount style handle set in our catalog has the words "Surface Mount" in their product titles.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at