This is a window balance

A home owner from Wildwood MO says:
The only stamped marking on it are the letters "DB" sideways then "CO$" then "3200"

The length is 32 and 3/4 inches and the width and depth is 5/8.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Balance.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Stamp.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us, and for your patience during this busy season. You have kind of a strange looking balance here. I'm reminded of our Series 795 but there are a few differences, the primary one being that the "T" shoe on yours is installed backwards. It also looks like you have a hook at the end of the cord, but I'm not sure about that.

Can you show me a better picture of that metal clip at the end of the cord? Can you also confirm the length of the metal channel for your balance? Make sure not to include the "T" shoe, you only want the metal. Finally, what is the exact weight of the sash that these balances support?

There is a chance these will have to be custom made, so keep that in mind. In fact, I would also like you to give me the quantity you wanted to buy now just in case I'm right. If I am then that's information I'll need later down the line, so we may as well get it now.

Thanks for your help...
1. There is a hook on the end of the string. Picture 3
2. Second picture is the shoe ... on mine the shoe is attached with a rivet picture 2
3. The metal channel without the shoe is 32 inches ... picture 1
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210720_123718.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210720_123738.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210720_123821.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks! That confirms my suspicions. We can use our Series 795 to replace this, but we have to custom make it with a 15-198 hook installed at the top instead of the usual screw-tab.

At this point, all I need to know is how many you wanted to buy. Custom orders need the quantity set ahead of time so I will need a count before we continue. After I have that I will email you a purchase link and price quote that you can use to place an order on our site.

Yes I would like to order 4 balances ...

Todd
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you! I'll send that out right now.

Last thing to note is that we will be providing you a balance with a 32B stamp option. Note that this stamp is calibrated to carry sashes weighing 14 through 20 pounds. I think this is what you need but I'm not 100% sure, so you should weigh your sash on a scale just to confirm. If your sash weight exceeds that or falls under it, let me know and I'll get you something closer.

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.