Tilt Sash Block and Tackle Channel Balance

Quick Learner from Houston
Oct 8, 2023 4:21 pm
The only discernable marking is "27B".
No surprise that it's 27" long.
Can you match it, and does the manufacturer include the pin that engages the cam mechanism?
One of the two on my window sash rusted away.
Thanks!
-Ron
IMG_3981 IMG_3982 IMG_3983 IMG_3984
4 user uploaded images
5 Replies
Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO
Oct 9, 2023 2:48 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hi Ron, thank you for posting,

Your balance resembles the S795-27 channel balance, but with a 15-198 hook at the top for install. This configuration will require a custom order to assemble for you as the stock balance is made with a screw in clip at the top. 

Please let me know how many balances you need and I can send over an order link with pricing for your review. For custom orders there is a minimum of (2) required.

For the pivot pin/bar, are you able to show us an undamaged version for us to review for a replacement option? Thank you! 

Oct 15, 2023 11:05 pm
Hey Lauren,
Please see the attached shots of the bar or pivot pin on my windows.
I'm glad to hear that you have a match for the balance, and I can only hope that yours are higher quality! Our house was not built that long ago.
Thanks.
-Ron
IMG_4001 IMG_4002 IMG_4003
3 user uploaded images
Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO
Oct 16, 2023 9:54 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hi Ron,

The original pivot bar will need to be removed to measure accurately, but start by reviewing the style and dimensions of the 26-083 pivot bar or 26-040 to see how they compare. Let us know what you think! 

Please let me know how many balances you need and I can send over an order link for your review. Thank you! 

Nov 19, 2023 10:28 pm
Hey Lauren,
No problem on the quantity; actually you can sell me three pairs plus the 26-083 pivot bars.
I'm sure that I'll have more balance failures on my hands! Hopefully you use better materials than the manufacturer of my windows did, and these pivots won't rust out in-place.
Thanks for all the help.
-Ron
Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO
Nov 20, 2023 8:30 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thank you for confirming,

I have sent over a separate email with an order link for (6) balances. These balances are nonrefundable.

Please note that the 26-083 will need to be added to your cart additionally from the product page before checking out. 

Let me know if you have any additional questions! 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts