Traco Window Balance Spring Mechanism - Condo Building

A quick learner from Virginia Beach says:
Good afternoon, trying to find this part or its replacement(s). They are Traco windows, however I am not sure of the parts as I did not see any part numbers? Was told it was a window balancer. This makes sense as it appears to be a coil spring used to keep the window stationary when raised (lower) and lowered (upper)? At least 1 is broken possibly others?

I have other pictures if you need them. Unfortunately I do not have any of the part uninstalled at this time.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Ken
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Balancer Spring_Mechanism.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hi Ken, may we see your other photos? Also, is it possible to remove the sash and show us the fittings on the side that connect to this balance system? This should help us narrow down your options.

A quick learner from Virginia Beach says:
Paul,

I thought you might ask! Unfortunately the windows are pretty heavy and a bit bulky. I am not there at the moment so removing them is not a option at this point. We just had the top 2 window sashes replaced and they pointed out the issue with the springs to us. I am not sure why they did not repair or replace them at that point. I have the other side of the window attached. I thought I had other pictures, however the others were duplicates and retakes. I will try to get one of the window sashes out to send a picture of the connections. I can tell you that the gray item hanging out of the bottom of one of the spring things came from the window as they broke that piece and had to replace it. They stated it was a poor design and breaks easy. I hope the 2 additional picture help at the moment. I hope the pictures rotate 90 degrees as they are on the vertical side of the frame. It shows them horizontal in this email?

Thanks for your help
Ken
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window balancer_2.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window balancer_3.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for the additional photos. It looks like you have 15-199 pivot shoe with Series 160 coil springs behind the white nylon covers. You will need to remove the shoe and coil springs through the window track cut-out and see the spring weight number stamped on them. When you do remove the sash please weigh it with a bathroom scale so we can see if the had the correct spring in the track. The broken tilt bar looks like 26-378. Please review.

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.