Traco Windows TR5000

A landlord from Lancaster PA says:
I have Traco model TR5000 windows in an apartment builing that need some help. I have been told that Traco does not support this model. I will need all of the different parts, spiral balances, tilt latches, etc. Do you have a list of the parts that fit this model?

Thanks,
Bob
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Bob, thanks for posting. I'm not sure about that exact model, but I can give you a list of parts that are popular for Traco windows. Right off the bat I recommend that you check out our Series 600 tilt window balances, as well as our 75-006 charging tool. For the pivot lock shoe, see our 15-046 and for the pivot bar see our 26-040. The window lock could be our 90-005. Now, for the latch hardware, see our finger release button 26-001, 26-069 tilt latch, 26-016 spring and 26-017 spring retainer.

Take a close look at this hardware and compare it to what you have in your window. I hope that these at least get you started. If these parts are different than what you have, or if you have other parts that we did not cover, you can take a few pictures of what you need and upload them here for me to see.
A handy person from Lancaster says:
Hi Paul,

Thank you for your response. The parts match up exactly to what I have. There is a top plastic part that I think is a dust cover. It is 1.3" x 0.75" with a clip coming from the bottom. Let me know if you have a part that may work.

Thanks,

Bob
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Bob, I was happy to help. I'm not so sure about this new part you're describing, though. Could you take a few pictures of it? That'd help us find a possible replacement.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Slide Latch Assembly Diagram
Slide Latch Assembly Diagram
GUIDE
READ >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.