UPVC sash window coil balances

A handy person from London, United Kingdom says:
Hello Swisco Expert!

I need to replace a sash window coil balances pair. Please see attached photos, which include measurements. Additional info:

- The shoe is stamped 550 Pat.#5,704,165
- Coil springs are 1/2" wide. The coil closer to the shoe is stamped with the number 8. The coil further away from the shoe is stamped with the number 9 (I think - or could be a 6?)
- The weight of the window panel is 30 lb

I would be interested in purchasing two pairs of replacement coil springs, maybe additionally a replacement set to have another option available for the job, or to keep as an extra spare part (I have other windows of similar or larger size in the house).

Thank you in advance,
Paolo
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9505.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9511.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9515.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9520.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9521.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We checked the mold and patent number and it appears that your pivot shoe is no longer being made. We suggest our 15-199 pivot shoe as a replacement. The coil springs aren't screwed on but hook together. The top coil spring would hook into the lower coil spring cut out hole and the bottom spring would hook into the top hole of the pivot shoe. The Series 160-6 actually supports 6.5 pounds and the S160-7 supports 7.5 pounds that would be equal to your old springs. You can either reuse your old coil spring housing or use the new style 15-150D.

A handy person from London, United Kingdom says:
Thank you very much. I have just ordered the spares with the suggested solution and I'll let you know how it goes.
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.