Unique Balance Replacement

A quick learner from hattiesburg, Mississippi says:
I have several windows that need the balances replaced and this is what is stamped on the side of one of them. Can you please tell me which ones to get
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid I cannot identify what you have based on this picture. I recommend that you look at our Channel Balance Home Page and follow the steps in order to find the Series that best matches what you have.
A quick learner from Hattiesburg says:
I cannot figure this out with your diagram. It doesn't exactly match any of the pictured ones. It is a tilt window, straight channel. It has Unique Balance 38E stamped on it. Not sure whether to measure just the metal part of the channel? 39" or do I include the plastic part sticking out.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for the additional information. Could you use our Series 795 channel balance? It's a little different, but appears to be the best match we have. Let me know what you think.
A quick learner from Hattiesburg, MS says:
How do I measure the length of the channel?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
You will need to measure the metal channel with a tape measurer. Make sure to only count the metal channel, not the nylon shoe.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)